VDSL2 Vectoring, bonding and beyond
In-depth market report - 23/12/2011
Promises versus reality
This report analyses bonding and vectoring techniques improving existing copper-based broadband architecture. It highlights the performance and maturity, the importance of regulatory framework and the actual network equipment providers offering. It also provides detailed analyses of operators’ stakes and the role of copper in general within ultrafast-broadband networks.
||Nbr of page
|M11317 ||PDF ||
|| 2500 euros excl. VAT ||
|1. Executive Summary
3. Copper innovative techniques description
3.1. DSL Bonding
3.2. DSL Vectoring
3.3. Beyond VDSL vectoring
3.4. Technical requirements
3.5. Regulatory aspects
3.5.1. Regulatory impacts on vectoring
3.5.2. Market 4 analyses in Belgium and the Netherlands
4. Network Equipment providers offering and positioning
4.4. Nokia Siemens Networks
4.6. Other major players: Assia, Broadcom, Ikanos
5. Case studies
6. VDSL 2, a potential key element to meet national NGA broadband goals?
|• How and whether can bonding and vectoring techniques can boost existing VDSL networks?
• What are the performances and the maturity of the new techniques?
• What role for the regulatory framework?
• What are the offerings of network equipment providers?
• How are operators positioning themselves regarding the new techniques?
• What is the role of copper within the ultrafast-broadband technology, especially FTTH?
|Network equipment providers
● Nokia Siemens Networks
● Other major players
• FTTx Watch Service - key figures tracking, monthly Insights, analyst follow up
- A unique database with quanti- and qualitative market's key data (68 countries covered, +150 player sheets and +250 roll-out projects)
- Ten Market Insights on FTTx key events and issues
- Special access to our lead FTTx analysts (hotline, webinar, online presentation, ...)
Contact us for free demos or an online presentation
Phone: +33 (0)467 144 404
Other available media market reports
• Ultrafast-Broadband Survey - Understanding residential users' switching patterns: France, Sweden, the United States and Japan
• Mobile Backhaul Strategies - 4G networks: growing backhauling needs and use of fibre links
• World Telecom Services Market - Markets & Forecasts up to 2015 (half-yearly updated database, report & slideshow)
• Telcos' TV Strategies - from a differentiation strategy to a strategy of innovation
• Online Video - Usages, OTT markets, CDN/Delivery services
Follow the links for detailed presentations of the reports above or contact us for information packages
Phone: +33 (0)467 144 404