Television & Digital Content
Our approach to the TV & Digital Content industry
Content industries have been overturned by the digital revolution and are now facing unprecedented challenges. Nevertheless, content is now more than ever a unanimous focal point and we strongly believe that content will maintain this central position.
Being a convergent company, we are proud to advise both media players, to help them seize these new opportunities, as well as telecom operators and manufacturers to help them develop their content strategies.
Our skills• We combine in-depth expertise of the TV and content industries with IDATE’s core competencies in networks, Internet, uses and telecommunications markets.
• The core team members have been advising players in this industry for more than 10 years
• We assist the media players, telecom operators, broadcasters, manufacturers, local authorities and public bodies with market analysis, data & forecasts, innovation roadmaps, business modelling, training and seminars.
Head of PracticeFlorence, Director of Studies, joined IDATE in July 1998. She is now head of TV & Digital Content Business Unit.
Florence’s prime area of focus is the development of digital technologies (terrestrial, cable, satellite and IPTV, mobile TV, digital cinema, video and TV on the web) dealing with both the economic and strategic aspects of those sectors. More generally, her work involves analysis of media groups’ strategies, chiefly in Europe and Japan.Before coming to IDATE, Florence Le Borgne worked as the Head of Research in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais Regional Development Agency's Economic Observation department, where she devoted herself primarily to issues relating to the Information Society, the development of telework and the mastery of key technologies. Ms. Le Borgne is a graduate of the Lille school of management EDHEC (Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales).
Innovation• Prospects for e-Book business models
• Business cases for video on demand services on DTT
• 3D Video - Rollout Conditions and Scenarios
Market analysis• Comparison of telcos’ positioning in terms of content services
• The pay-TV market in Europe : the challenges of distribution
• European benchmark of TV transmission markets: economic challenges of the digital migration
Public policies• Advertising practices of media and cultural content websites as well as strategies of online sales houses
• Which mode of reception for digital TV services in areas not covered by DTT signals?
Training• Seminar on Local TV: European overview and the French stakes
• The economies of the audiovisual, music and video games industries
Clients• Media Companies: BBC, Canal+, France Télévisions, Lagardère Active, M6, Mediaset, TF1
• Manufacturers and Vendors: Cisco, Sagemcom, Technicolor
• Service Providers: Deutsche Telekom, Orange, SFR, Swisscom, TDF, Vodafone
• Public Bodies: CSA, CNC, CNES, DGMIC, EBU-UER, European Commission, OFCOM
Florence LE BORGNE
Head of the TV & Digita Content Practice
P: +33 (0)467 144 443