Our approach to the Satellite Industry
We believe that the combination of terrestrial broadband network rollouts and rising concerns over the digital divide are creating new market opportunities for the satellite industry. Alleviating the load on the backbones, bundling TV with internet access and serving the mass market in emerging countries have proven to be efficient strategies, while the switch to high-definition/3D will give a boost to satellite’s core TV broadcasting business.
Our skills• We combine in-depth expertise in the satellite market with IDATE’s core skillsets in terrestrial technologies, telecommunications and television markets.
• Senior team members have been advising industry players for more than 10 years
• We assist the globe’s largest satellite sector players with market analysis, data & forecasts, innovation roadmaps & business modelling
Co-Head of PracticeMaxime Baudry joined IDATE as a senior consultant in April 2006. His main area of endeavour is monitoring the satellite industry, the telecommunications services market and operator strategies.Before coming to IDATE, Maxime worked for two years for Aon Explorer, a strategic consulting firm specialised in the space industry, where his work focused primarily on industrial analysis of satellite telecommunications for space agencies and the sector’s equipment providers. Mr. Baudry holds a Masters degree in Technology & Management (Ecole Centrale de Paris), and is a graduate of the Ecole Multinationale des Affaires/Multinational Business school (E.S.C Bordeaux & Fachhochschule Münster’s ERASMUS programme).
Stéphanie Villaret joined IDATE’s Marketing and Strategies Department in 1998. After several years in the Media Economics Division as a Senior Consultant, she is currently Co-Head of the Satellite Practice. Stéphanie works primarily on reports concerning the satellite industry, but also deals with the analysis of consumer ICT usages and services. Her assignments focus on: Analysis of satellite market players’ strategiesand offers, Statistical surveys focused on ICT and media usages,Prospectiveanalysis of usages, Marketing analysis of consumer multimedia products andservices. Stéphanie is a graduate of the Institut National des Télécommunications,with a major in Information and Communication Technologies Applied Marketing, and holds a Masters Degree in Management Sciences (1997).
Innovation• Latest Developments in hybrid Broadband Broadcast Networks
• Latest UAV developments and impact on use of commercial satellites
• Internet migration of video content and impact on the DTH business and satellite operators’ strategies
Market analysis• DTH market forecast for EMEA/North America
• Market potential of satellite broadband in Africa and Europe
• Worldwide Satellite M2M Market
Public policies• Assessment of the role of satellite in the telecommunications market
• Satellite’s contribution to bridging the digital divide (DSL, FTTx and 3G/LTE)
Clients• Satellite – Operators: SES World Skies, Eutelsat, Intelsat, Telespazio
• Manufacturers and Vendors: EADS Astrium, Thales Alenia Space, Arianespace
• Service Providers:Deutsche Telekom, Swisscom, Orange, SFR, NTT, TDF, Altitude Telecom
• Media Companies: TF1, Mediaset, Orange
• Public Bodies: CNES, ARCEP, ESA, European Commission