Our approach to the telecoms regulation
In an environment of constantly evolving technologies and services, operators are facing a multitude of regulatory challenges. Regulation has significant impacts on market conditions and investment decisions.
We assist our clients in refining their understanding of the issues at stake and shaping their regulatory strategy.
Our skills• Long-standing, trust-based relationships with operators, regulators and other stakeholders and IDATE’s profound knowledge of the telecoms and Internet industries blend into a unique understanding of regulatory issues.
• While being solidly rooted in the EU, we have acquired significant expertise in other geographies, notably Africa.
• We support our clients with qualitative and quantitative market analyses, reliable international benchmarks and actionable recommendations covering the whole range of regulatory topics, from international roaming over interconnection to local loop unbundling and Next Generation Access…
Head of PracticeChristoph joined IDATE in 2008 as senior consultant and is today in charge of IDATE’s Regulation Practice. Christoph has extensive expertise in analysing regulatory matters of fixed and mobile markets. He has been in the lead for client studies for operators in Europe and Northern Africa and has authored multiclient reports on NGA regulation and network outsourcing. Christoph formerly worked as telecoms analyst for McKinsey & Company. He holds a Master’s degree in Economics from Maastricht University, the Netherlands
Innovation• Enhanced bitstream access regulation, notably multicast
Market analysis• Assessment of the impact of functional separation in APAC and the EU
• Evaluation of compliance of dynamic tariff schemes with non-discrimination requirements
• Wholesale broadband access tariffs in selected EU countries
Public policies• Regulatory approaches towards net neutrality
• Alternative scenarios for the EU roaming market
Clients• Operators and private bodies: Belgacom, France Télécom, Deutsche Telekom, InfoCom, Médi Telecom, NTT Docomo, SFR, Tunisie Télécom…
• Public Bodies: AGCOM, ANRT, ARCEP, EC DG Competiton, CMT(ES), NHH (HU), NTA (DK), DG Industry and Services (FR), EC DG Information Society, Ofcom (UK), OPT...