Mobile & Spectrum
Our approach to the Mobile industry
As mobile traffic is exploding, LTE will provide speed and capacity to mobile operators. New spectrum in the 2.6 GHz and 800 MHz (Digital Dividend) bands will provide fuel for mobile broadband growth.
We are following the main trends in the mobile sector: mobile broadband & 4G, femtocells, networks saturation, spectrum issues, outsourcing & network sharing, smartphones & tablets, Data ARPU evolution…
Our Skills• We combine in-depth expertise in the mobile market with IDATE’s core skill
sets in fixed telecommunications and Internet markets
• The core team members have been advising industry players for more than
• We assist the globe’s largest mobile sector players with market analysis,
data & forecasts, innovation roadmaps & business modelling
Head of Practice
Frédéric Pujol joined IDATE in November 1992.
As head of Mobile Services Practice, he is responsible for coordinating mobile industry forecasting and technical-economic analysis reports. Previously, Frédéric acquired solid experience in mobile network architecture working for the France Telecom Grou(Sofrecom,Telesystems).Mr. Pujol holds a post-graduate degree in engineering from ISEN (Institut Supérieur d'Electronique du Nord, Lille, 1986),where he majored in Telecommunications, and from CITCOM (Centre d'Ingénierie des Technologies de la Communication, Paris, 1987), where he majored in Network Architecture.
Innovation• Study on 4G developments
• LTE in rural environment
Market Analysis• Data ARPU evolution 2010-2015
• LTE markets & forecasts
Public Policy• Digital Dividend
• Spectrum policies and radio technologies viable in emerging wireless societies
Training• R&D and innovation practices in the Video Games industry
• Creating in the Video Games sector
Clients• Mobile operators: Deutsche Telekom, Illiad/Free, DoCoMo, Orange, SFR, T-Mobile, Vonage…
• Manufacturers: Alcatel-Lucent,Fujitsu, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sumitomo, ZTE,
• Public Bodies: ARCEP, Agcom, CMT, CNES, Etri, European Commission, Ministry of Industry,